President’s Day. A day for everyone to be jealous of school-age kids (which is any age, really, when you consider higher education), teachers, many government employees, and those who work in the banking industry.
My friend Jessica with Found the Marbles offered a fresh idea to write about ‘what laws would you make if you were President?’
I’ll go first. Please let me know in the comments what laws you’d like to institute. Finally, go visit the other bloggers listed below to hear what laws they’d make if they were President.
Maybe someone in higher authority will get our hints.
If I were President: (Dream list)
1) Mother’s Day will fall once a month. Come on, for all we do for our families? Once a year is simply not enough.
2) At least two healthy food trucks will be present in all neighborhoods at dinner time, either driving through the hood or set up at a local park. We deserve freshly prepared vegetables and meals we can serve in our home without having to do the work (all of the time). They will not be overly expensive and pass a nutritional guideline of some sort.
3) Spam email will be banned, illegal. Those who abuse will pay hefty fines.
4) The following will be included in our healthcare coverage:
a. One professionally licensed service of our choosing once per month: massage, facial, manicure, pedicure, haircut, hair color, housecleaning, meal service, pet grooming, lawn service.
b. Gym membership.
5) Free towing. If your vehicle breaks down, you will not be required to pay to have it towed. As if the stress of being stranded isn’t enough?
If I were President: (For ‘reals’ list)
1) New term limits: The offices of the President, the President’s Cabinet, Congress and Senate will be a six-year, once in a lifetime term. (That way campaigning will only occur once every five years).
2) If a public servant running for public office participates in negative campaigning they are banned from public service for life.
3) Campaign finance reform. Running for public office should have a set dollar limit of funds allowed to run the campaign and that limit will not be enough to fund a small country.
4) Those making the laws will not be exempt from such laws.
5) Lobbyists will be banned. If caught, they will be imprisoned for life. (My husband contributed this item).